|The role is on the Future Submarine Project, for the Vanguard replacement submarine programme. This role is about influencing the engineering and design processes to ensure that the submarine design is able to be built and tested in an efficient manner that allows an extremely challenging build and test schedule to be achieved.
Additionally, this role will be key in gathering the evidence against Test Form documentation for prototype electrical components that are being manufactured to be tested in an electrical Compatibility Test Facility that prove and demonstrate that the design intend can be met for the major electrical components that will be fitted to the submarine.
Located in Barrow, with work being carried out in Leicester, also with a potential for foreign travel to the USA
As a Principal Commissioning Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
• Take responsibility and ownership, and adopt a lead Engineer's role, for any Test and Commissioning operations, including the associated safety processes, that are being carried out as a recognised T&C activity on any site.
• Represent the Build and Test Strategy function at SIT, MAT & MAIT meetings.
• Specifically those T&C activities being carried out in the Compatibility Test Facility at Leicester.
• Communicate effectively with all levels of Design and Management in order to present the T&C vision and strategy.
As a Principal Commissioning Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
• Ability to understand and critically review the design documents in order to ensure the Test Strategy input into the Successor design.
• Able to review the evolving model of the Successor design and to influence the spatial arrangements to best serve the Test Strategy.
• Understand and drive through the modular construction philosophy of Successor.
• Sufficient experience to be able to input to the Integrated Master schedule for the Build and Commissioning strategy of Successor.
• Able to review facilities proposals to ensure the Successor Test Strategy is adequately provisioned.
• Engineering Tech/HND/HNC or equivalent in related discipline.
• Demonstrable ability to convert technical knowledge into engineered solutions.
• Submarine knowledge is desirable.
• Experience of planning and scheduling activities.
• Skill of writing controlled documents.
• Involvement in implementing process and toolset change.
• Submarine Commissioning Experience
• Good understanding of the T&C processes, and how they are used and implemented.
• Understanding of how the submarine is commissioned, the phases of Build, key events, and have competence in your discipline area.
• Sufficient confidence and strength of character to be able to challenge and debate design proposals in a meeting environment.
BAE Systems Maritime Submarines has been safely delivering world class submarines to the Royal Navy for more than a century. BAE Systems Submarine Solutions is home to the design, build, test and commissioning of the Astute class - the Royal Navy's latest and most capable generation of attack submarines. In total seven of these state-of-the-art vessels will make up the fleet, each weighing a mighty 7,400 tonnes.
Split across nine UK locations, and with more than 5,000 employees, the business is also the industry lead for the successor to the Vanguard class of nuclear deterrent submarines.
We pride ourselves on employing the best professionals around. Join us and you'll be part of something important; something you can be proud of.
BAE Systems welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Click on the link for more information: http://service.joberate.com/redirect/url/0dc9-1b-f9-8c-d1a940