|You have my *full* support and solidarity in this whole mess.
Human right, including free speech, and the gains of liberal democracy and the past 2-300 years of history are *not* to be taken for granted.
I have no doubts about where Jefferson, Madison, Franklin, Adams, Paine, Washington and other founding fathers would stand in this issue. All of them spent their lives working for freedom, explicitly freedom of the press and freedom from religious censorship.
And I have the greatest respect for the achievements of Denmark. Freedom, peace, prosperity, fairness and tolerance are all key parts of the Danish system - in some important ways, it's arguably superior to what we enjoy here in the US.
It's pathetic that such a society should be threatened by a bunch of religious yobos fully incapable of creating anything even remotely approaching Denmark in *any* of the countries where they are a majority, ever.
And even more pathetic that they should work themselves up so over *cartoons* for god's sake. Was that the only part of the newspaper these s are capable of reading or what?.
Finally, some blasphemy. Let's see, this Muhammad guy was;
- An iliterate camel herder employed by a woman for most of his life.
- A professional thief later in his career, raiding Mecca's caravans from his base in Medina.
- A gangster who ordered contract killings on at least three people, including a woman nursing her child
- A pervert who married his own niece, Ayesha - when he was 54 and she was 6!. Apparently he was nice enough to wait until she was 9 years old until he ed her, however.
- A mass murderer who ordered the execution of at least 300 prisioners of war, including women and children
OH, wait, actually that's not blasphemy - it's what it actualy says in the koran.
Well, try this instead: that's not the "word of god". It's bull. It's the collected rantings of a perverted mentally imbalanced, criminal, cult leader.
There *was* no angel gibrahil telling him anything. He made up.
Lock, stock and barrel. Invented it. It's not the "seal of the prophets", it's made-up crap.
Not only that, it's crap made up by a provincial psycopath who couldnt keep his facts together:
- He keeps confusing the virgin Mary with Noah's wife.
- He's got Jhon the Baptist severely mixed-up.
- His grammar stinks, and he's got multiple case/suffix mismatches.
- He contradicts himself in at least a dozen places, then goes on to claim that the stuff he made up later "corrects" the initial stuff, even though the whole thing is "god's word", and it's actually a word-for-word copy of a book he saw in a table in the 7th heaven.
It's *all bull*, guys.
It's exactly the same as the stuff invented by Shoko Ashahara, the Reverend Jim Jones, Joseph Smith, David Koreash or any other of a long and sorry list of psychotic, unbalanced, sexually depraved and criminal cult leaders.
The *only* thing that's remarcable about the koran is how so many poor opressed bastards living their entire sorry lives under the boot of piss-pot dictatorships actually believe that bull to actually be the literal word of god.
Wake up and smell the camel , dudes.