73:25. It's not a D vs R issue. Just in case you don't know.
S 510 fails on moral, social, economic, political, constitutional, and human survival grounds.
1. It puts all US food and all US farms under Homeland Security and the Department of Defense
2. It would end US sovereignty over its own food supply by insisting on compliance with the WTO,
3. It would allow the government, under Maritime Law, to define the introduction of any food into commerce (even direct sales between individuals) as smuggling
4. It imposes Codex Alimentarius on the US, a global system of control over food.
5. It would remove the right to clean, store and thus own seed in the US,
6. It includes NAIS, an animal traceability program that threatens all small farmers and ranchers raising animals.
7. It extends a failed and destructive HACCP to all food, thus threatening to do to all local food production and farming what HACCP did to meat production
8. It deconstructs what is left of the American economy.
9. It would allow the government to mandate antibiotics, hormones, slaughterhouse waste, pesticides and GMOs
10. It uses food crimes as the entry into police state power and control. The bill postpones defining all the regulations to be imposed; postpones defining crimes to be punished, postpones defining penalties to be applied. It removes fundamental constitutional protections from all citizens in the country, making them subject to a corporate tribunal with unlimited power and penalties, and without judicial review.