|I would list the following traits in the order of their importance;
1. Cruising speed under combat conditions.
2. Range/Persistence under combat conditions.
3. Flight qualities, specifically the ability to point the nose at the target easily and a very high rate of roll.
4. CL Guns with high MV/BC and rates of fire.
5. Pitch response, IE the rate at which you can load the plane.
6. Climb at Military Power. In WW-II terms, that means ~75-80% throttle, rich mixture and appropriate pitch on the prop.( A setting that can be held for at least 30 minutes!)
7. Top speed! To escape or run down the target.
8. Lastly the ability to turn in the so called "Dog Fight"!
After you rate these choices, I'll mark the list with what I think is the strength of each atribute.